Classic Carrot Cake
The perfect classic carrot cake
- 3 medium sized carrots 1 cup
- 1.5 cup buckwheat flour
- 300 ml coconut milk canned
- 1 tsp ginger extract
- 1 tbsp vanilla pea protein or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flaxegg 1 tbsp flaxseeds + 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 0.5 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- 2 cups natural cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp potato starch/flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Grate the carrots and place in a blender. Add the coconut milk, flaxegg, ginger extract and cinnamon. Blend together, try to not blend to much. There should still be some chunks from the shredded carrot.
- In a bowl, add the coconut sugar, vanilla pea protein powder, buckwheat flour and baking powder. Whip together. Blend together with the liquid batter.
- Grease a baking tray with coconut oil. Pour the batter in and heat in the oven for 50 minutes.
- While the cake is in the oven. Start with the frosting.
- Start with boiling the cashews for 15 minutes. Then add the cashews in a high speed blender together with the almond milk, maple syrup potato starch, vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour the frosting in a sauce pan and heat up while stiring to avoid lumps. Medium heat for until the batter thickens.
- Pour the frosting over the cake and let in set for 1 hour in the refridge before serving.